Monday, November 1, 2010

The French Countryside

We had only an hour drive from Paris and the noise and traffic from the busy city disappeared..along with the honking horns, the lights, buzzing mopeds and [mostly] friendly strikers. I spent the weekend with my boyfriend and his family in their beautiful country home. There were pear, apple, walnut, coign and plum trees, and we planted some tulips in the back garden. I can't wait for the spring to see how they bloom :) The 100 year old stone house was covered in lovely vines filled with tons of old books and antiques (coffee grinders, sewing machines, stamps, chairs, chests, tables, records, radios...) I could have filled an entire train car with things that I would take home and decorate my own apartment with.






No comments:

Post a Comment